Hyaluronic Acid Injection
Hyaluronic acid injection, also known as hyaluronan injection, can be used to treat painful knee joints. Hyaluronic acid is a part of synovial fluid naturally found in synovial joint cavities as a lubricating factor.
In case of any knee joint abnormality, an intra-articular injection is applied directly into the joint capsule once a week, and then consecutively for 3 weeks.
The patient will see a noticeable improvement in 1-2 weeks after the final dose. The longevity of the effects can vary from person to person, but it usually lasts 6 months, according to surveys.
The most popular brands of hyaluronic injections are:
Platelet-Rich Plasma Injections
Platelet-rich plasma or PRP injections generally accelerate the healing process of injured soft tissues, e.g. tendons, ligaments, etc. This therapy involves taking the patient’s own concentrated platelets from the blood via a centrifuge and later injecting it directly into their inflamed soft tissue.
What is PRP?
Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) is basically concentrated plasma mixed with thrombocytes or platelets that stimulates the clotting mechanism.
Applications of PRP injections:
Patients in Atlanta suffering from the following disease can benefit from PRP therapy:
- Muscle strain
- Acute ligament injuries
- Acute muscle injuries
- Chronic tendon injuries, etc.
The PRP treatment procedure basically follows three steps:
- Collection of sample
- Separation of platelets by using a centrifuge and formation of platelet-rich plasma or PRP.
- PRP is injected into diseased soft tissue. An ultrasound is used to ensure accurate placement to inject.
N.B: The injection site may feel a bit sore for a few days. It may take quite a few days or weeks for the medicine to start working.
- The patient should not take any kind of anti-inflammatory drugs before and after the treatment.
- Exercise should be avoided for at least for a week after the injection.
Stem Cell Injections
A stem cell is a type of regenerative cell obtained from the umbilical cord, placental tissue, or bone marrow. Stem cell injection therapy (available in Atlanta) aims to replace and repair the damaged tissues within the body and has been used to treat:
- Rotator cuff tears
- Multiple sclerosis
- Plantar fasciitis, etc.
ReNu is a non-invasive treatment in which amniotic tissue and fluids are used to cure diseased cells. The effect of this treatment lasts for about a year. ReNu is administered to a patient who has not seen any improvement by taking oral medications or other injections.
- Rotator cuff tear
- Adhesive capsulitis
- Plantar fasciitis
- The doctor may decide to desensitize the injection area.
- The patient should avoid heavy exercise or weight lifting for 2 days.
- The patient should not take any kind of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAID) drugs for 14 days after the injection is given.
LIPOGEMS injections are an invasive treatment that can be administered in Atlanta and use the transformative properties of stem cells found in adipose tissues to create an environment conducive to tissue repair.
This procedure involves three steps:
- Collection of tissues from the clean and previously desensitized abdominal area.
- Activation of medical signaling cells from adipose tissue by mixing, shaking, transferring, etc.
- Injection of activated reparative cells to the damaged area.
- It will take nearly an hour to complete the treatment in Atlanta.
- The patient should not take any NSAID drugs from 10 days before, to 6 weeks after, the injection is given.
- The patient should avoid strenuous exercise for 3-7 days